Talent management is the process of identifying the most important jobs in a company that provides a long-term advantage, and then developing employees so that they can effectively work in these jobs. Successful implementation includes:
- Developing a recruiting process for generating a pool of qualified applicants
- Creating a selection process for choosing the best individual for each position, including development of current employees and hiring outside talent
- Creating talent pools and training for broad employees competencies
- Using short-term talent forecasts
- Establishing a balance between employee and company ownership of career development
- Using assessments – i.e. personality, aptitude, values, and communications
Succession planning is the basis for dealing successfully with staffing changes such as retirements, transfers, promotions. It encourages an organization to prepare for the inevitable movements of personnel that create holes in the hierarchy that need to be filled by other qualified individuals.
Career Development is an important part of talent management, but individuals and organizations view careers in distinctly different ways. Career planning for the organization focuses on identifying career paths that provide for the logical progression of people between jobs in an organization. Knowing how to navigate and work with these different motivations is key to your success!
How are we different?
- We are interested in collaborating with our clients to promote and invest in long-lasting partnerships based on mutual trust and respect.
- To ensure successful talent management opportunities, we seek to understand your business challenges, training objectives, and desired outcomes.